b. 1954, Puentelarrá, Spain
- Born in Puentelarrá, Alava.
- Enrolls in the faculty of fine arts at the Universidad de Sevilla, where he will study for three years.
- Moves to Barcelona, where he studies in the faculty of fine arts at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- Holds his first solo exhibition, at Galería Dieciséis in San Sebastián, Spain.
Exhibits also at Galería Palace in Granada.
- Moves to New York after receiving a grant for painting from the province of Guipúzcoa.
Continues his training at Columbia University.
- Participates in Gure Artea 1987 , sponsored by the Basque government.
- Takes part in the group exhibition Artist in the Marketplace and the accompanying program at the Bronx Museum of the Arts in New York.
Irazabal's work is featured in the group exhibition Selections 42 at the Drawing Center in New York.
Participates in Gure Artea 1988 .
- Receives a grant from Fundación Cultural Banesto.
Wins first prize in the Festivales de Navarra international painting competition.
Wins second prize for painting at Gure Artea 1989.
- Exhibits at the BACA Downtown Center for the Arts in New York; Koplin Gallery in Santa
Monica, California; and Pabellón de Mixtos de la Ciudadela in Pamplona.
Receives an art grant from the Basque government.
- Exhibits at Arton A Gallery in Stockholm.
- Holds solo exhibitions at Galería Elba Benítez in Madrid and Koplin Gallery in Santa Monica, California.
His work is featured in the group exhibition The Rope Show at Artists Space in New York.
- An exhibition of Irazabal's work, titled Procesos de trabajo , is shown at the Sala Rekalde in Bilbao.
Exhibits at Galería Espacio Mínimo in Murcia, Spain.
Participates in The New York Collection at the Albright- Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo, New York.
- Exhibits at White Columns and Jack Shainman Gallery, both in New York; Galería Elba Benítez in Madrid; and Galería Antonio de Barnola in Barcelona.
His work is featured in the group exhibition In the Flesh at the Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
- Exhibits at Galería DV in San Sebastián, Spain.
Participates in Face to Face: Recent Abstract Painting at the List Visual Arts Center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Norfolk 96 at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Exhibits at Andréhn-Schiptjenko in Stockholm and presents the solo exhibition Chromatomy at Jack Shainman Gallery in New York.
Irazabal's work is included in Better Color through Chemistryat the Islip Art Museum in East Islip, New York.
- Jack Shainman Gallery in New York presents an exhibition of Irazabal's recent work.
- Exhibits at Stephen Wirtz Gallery in San Francisco.
Irazabal's work is featured in Spanish and Basque Contemporary Art at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
- The solo exhibition Fugue is held at Jack Shainman Gallery in New York.
- The Palacio de los Condes de Gabia in Granada presents El hijo del cristalero.
Exhibits at Andréhn-Schiptjenko in Stockholm and Stephen Wirtz Gallery in San Francisco.
- Exhibits at Bailey Fine Arts Gallery in Toronto and Spielhaus Morrison Galerie in Berlin.
- Holds solo exhibitions at Galería Helga de Alvear in Madrid and Jack Shainman Gallery in New York.
Irazabal's work is included in Paintings That Paint Themselves or So It Seems at the Kresge Art Museum at Michigan State University in East Lansing.
- Artium, Centro Museo Vasco de Arte Contemporáneo in Vitoria, Spain, displays twenty paintings from Irazabal's Highlights series. The exhibition travels to the Centro de Arte Caja Burgos in Burgos, Spain, the following year.
Participates in The Suspended Moment/Le temps suspendu at CRAC Alsace. The exhibition later travels to the Museo de Arte Contemporánea de Vigo in Vigo, Spain, and Tadu Contemporary Art in Bangkok.
- Presents the exhibition Evidence Plaza at Galerie Six Friedrich Lisa Ungar in Munich.
- The exhibition Acoustic Shadow opens at Hamish Morrison Galerie in Berlin.
Irazabal's work is featured in the exhibition Fab Ab: New Acrylic Abstraction at the Salt Lake Art Center in Salt Lake City.
- His work is featured in the group exhibition Edges of Darkness at Hamish Morrison Galerie in Berlin. Participates in the group exhibition Plasticismes: Pràctiques abstractes avui at the Centre de Cultura “Sa Nostra” in Ibiza.
- Participates in the group exhibitions Prison of Love at OTR Espacio de Arte in Madrid and Time to Come to Avenge: The Collection IX at Artium, Centro Museo Vasco de Arte Contemporáneo in Vitoria, Spain.
Has the solo exhibition Regiones del aire at Galería Helga de Alvear in Madrid.
- In his first exhibition at gallery Art Nueve in Murcia, Spain, he presents acrylics on canvas and paper made between 2008 and 2011. Exhibits at the Museum gegenstandsfreier Kunst Otterndorf in Otterndorf, Germany. Irazabal's work is included in a group exhibition entitled Treffpunkt at the Hamish Morrison Galerie in Berlin.
- His work is included in the exhibition Fallen into Chaos & Order at the Hamish Morrison Galerie, Berlin.
- Presents his last work at Galería Helga de Alvear, Madrid. He participates in the shows Moving. Norman Foster on Art, Carré d’Art - Musée d’Art Contemporain de Nîmes (France); A modo de reflexión, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, Alicante (Spain); and Selecciones de la Colección del Museo Guggenheim Bilbao IV, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.